Good news for Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite users who’ve been stuck trying to update Sony A7, A7R, A7S, A6000 or A77II to Firmware 1.10, there’s a driverloader kernel extension available from Sony that once installed will allow you to update these cameras using Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite.
PLEASE NOTE: This step is only required if your computer is running Mac OS X 10.10 (or later). If your computer is running Mac OS X 10.9 or lower, it is not needed to perform this and you can directly go the next step “Install the software”. Also note the Firmware 1.10 Update for Sony A7II is already Mac OS 10.10 compatible.
Here’s how to install Sony driverloader kernel extension for Mac OS X 10.10 (or later):
1. Download this DriverLoader file: [DL100_1411a.dmg] (Click here to Download)
2. Double-click the [DL100_1411a.dmg] file you downloaded. Do not connect the camera at this point
3. Double-click the [DL100_1411a] icon which appears on the Desktop
4. Double-click the [DriverLoader] icon
5. To load a kernel extension, the message prompts you to allow the application to make changes. Type the password for the administrative account
Once this driverloader is installed you’ll be able to run these Sony firmware updates using Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite.