Sony has released Firmware Update 2.10 for a7 III & a7R III cameras with a fix for a bug found in the previous firmware version 2.00. This update also resolves an incompatibility issue caused by a recent change to the design of SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-1 SDXC cards.
Benefits and Improvements from the latest update
• Fixes a rarely occurring bug in which the camera may stop functioning while writing RAW data onto an SD card that has already been used multiple times. Please Note:
- • This may also cause abnormalities in the files managing the images, preventing the images from displaying on the camera
• No image data in the memory card will be corrupted or deleted aside from the data that was being written at the time the interruption occurred
• Taking a picture while using the Auto Review function may occasionally cause the camera to stop responding
• Solves the problem caused by a specific third-party memory card, which would not be recognized by Sony cameras
• Improvement of the overall stability of the camera
[All Previous Benefits and Improvements are also included in this Update]
Firmware 2.10 Download Links:
MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE:
All the latest Sony Firmware Updates are only compatible with Mac OS 10.12-10.14
You must first run UpdateSettingTool and follow the prompts to run it.
[UpdateSettingTool replaces Mac OS 10.13 Driver Loader from earlier firmware versions.]
1. Make sure the camera’s USB Connection is set to Mass Storage
2. WITHOUT CONNECTING THE CAMERA, Click on UpdateSettingTool.
3. Once you see this message, connect the camera.
4. When the above message goes away, click on the Resources Folder, click on “SystemSoftwareUpdater” and follow prompts to begin the firmware update.