Sony a99 II is available for pre-order Now (Order from B&H Photo for $3,199.95). Sony’s new flagship 42 mp A-mount camera can shoot up at 12 frames per second with AF/AE tracking. It has 79 AF points on its dedicated PDAF sensor, which work in conjunction with 399 on-sensor PDAF points that work in conjunction to provide ‘Hybrid Cross AF points.’ The a99 II focus system is able to focus down to -4EV.
Sony a99II’s 5-axis image stabilization is rated to 4.5EV in CIPA testing. The body is down in size to that of the Sony a77II. The camera’s sensor uses Back-Illuminated Sensor CMOS technology with copper wiring for ultra-fast readout. The camera also has a newly-developed front-end LSI Processor to cope with the speed of the sensor.
It can capture 4K UHD video from the full sensor width or 1.8x over-sampled 4K video in Super35 mode. Sony 99 II includes tethering options and twin card slots to appeal to professional users. And in great news to many users, the menu has also been revised with color-coding to make navigation easier.
• 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
• BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
• Internal UHD 4K Video & S-Log3 Gamma
• S&Q Motion in Full HD from 1-120 fps
• 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
• Hybrid Phase Detection AF System
• 0.5″ 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF
• 3.0″ 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
• ISO 102,400 and 12 fps Shooting with AF
• Dual SD Card Slots; 14-Bit Raw Output