UPDATE 10/11/18: Sony Issued a Warning today that Wasabi NP-FZ100 Batteries are NOT compliant and may damage Sony a7 III, a7R III & a9 cameras
Chinese battery-maker Wasabi has released generic NP-FZ100 batteries and a Dual USB Charger for Sony a9, a7R III, a7 III cameras – available for pre-order now with expected availability on April 27, 2018
Wasabi NP-FZ100 Batteries and Dual USB Charger for a9, a7R III, a7 III (Available for $72.99)
• Includes 2 batteries and 1 dual USB charger for the Sony NP-FZ100
• Each battery features 7.2V, 2000mAh (battery life or run-time) with grade A cells (battery lifespan or number of recharge cycles)
• Fully-decoded to show remaining charge; Batteries work with the Sony charger; Charger works with the Sony batteries
• Batteries charge simultaneously; Charger input: 5V, 2000mA; Output 8.4V, 600mA (x2)
• All items include a 3-year manufacturer warranty from Blue Nook
Wasabi NP-FZ100 Battery for Sony a9, a7R III, a7 III cameras (Available for $35.99)
• Rechargeable lithium-ion battery for Sony NP-FZ100 works with the Sony Alpha A7 III, A7R III, A9
• Premium Grade A cells for longer battery lifespan (number of recharge cycles) with no memory effect
• Rated at 7.2V with 2000mAh for a longer battery life (run time)
• Fully de-coded to show remaining battery charge; Compatible with the Sony camera and Sony charger
• Includes Wasabi Power FZ100 battery with 3-year manufacturer warranty
5 thoughts on “Wasabi Releases Generic NP-FZ100 Batteries and Dual USB Charger”
What’s your experience with Wasabi batteries? I’ve heard mixed reviews on 3rd party ones not holding charge as well as Sony’s.
I personally prefer to buy only original Sony batteries, but among generic batteries, Wasabi are the only I would recommend.
Yeah I’ll probably stick to the Sony’s especially given the NP-FZ100 has such a long battery life I won’t need as many as I used to. But good to know, thanks!
What about the wasabi charger, is it okay to use that?
Given the issues with their batteries, I wouldn’t risk it.