Sony a6600 Firmware Update 1.10 adds support for the Sony LA-EA5 A-Mount Lens Adapter
Benefits and Improvements
• Adds support for the LA-EA5 A-Mount Adapter (sold separately)
- – LA-EA5 A-Mount Adapter supports all A-mount lenses
– Full support is provided for focal plane phase-detection AF, and the AF and high-speed continuous shooting features
– Wide-area focal plane phase-detection AF coverage
– AF features based on subject recognition, including Real-time Eye AF (human, animal) and Real-time Tracking
– AF/AE tracking during continuous shooting at up to 11fps
– STF lenses are manual focus only
– Teleconverters are not supported for use with any A-Mount Adapters
– Autofocus is not available during movie recording when using the LA-EA5 A-Mount Adapter
– For AE tracking, the aperture is fixed for the first frame while shutter speed and ISO are used for exposure adjustment
• Improves the overall stability of the camera
Previous Benefits and Improvements
[All Previous Benefits and Improvements are also included in this Update]
ILCE-6600 System Software (Firmware) Update Ver. 1.10
MAC | WIN
(Scroll to the bottom of the download page to select ‘Download without creating account’ to skip sign-in)
MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE:
The latest Sony Firmware Updates are only compatible with Mac OS 10.13 – 10.15
1. Make sure the camera’s USB Connection is set to Mass Storage
2. WITHOUT CONNECTING THE CAMERA, Click on UpdateSettingTool.
3. Once you see this message, connect the camera.
4. Follow prompts to begin the firmware update. Make certain to follow instructions in the linked post below.