Sony a7R IV Firmware Update 1.20 improves Video AF with the FE 12-24mm F2.8 GM lens and improves overall stability. As always, I recommend all users keep their firmware up to date even if you don’t plan to shoot video with the FE 12-24mm F2.8 GM lens. Sony always packs in a few things useful improvements under the heading of “Improves the overall stability of the camera”
Benefits and Improvements
• Improves the Auto Focus (AF) performance when recording movies with the FE 12-24mm F2.8 GM
• Improves the overall stability of the camera
• Provides Sony LA-EA5 lens adapter support
Previous Benefits and Improvements
[All Previous Benefits and Improvements are also included in this Update]
ILCE-7RM4 System Software (Firmware) Update Ver. 1.20
MAC | WIN
(Scroll to the bottom of the download page to select ‘Download without creating account’ to skip sign-in)
MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE:
The latest Sony Firmware Updates are only compatible with Mac OS 10.13 – 10.15
1. Make sure the camera’s USB Connection is set to Mass Storage
2. WITHOUT CONNECTING THE CAMERA, Click on UpdateSettingTool.
3. Once you see this message, connect the camera.
4. Follow prompts to begin the firmware update. Make certain to follow instructions in the linked post below.
Before Updating Firmware Please Read:
Thank you for supporting this website through purchases from our affiliate partners! We always strive to bring you the best deals and lowest prices.