Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Lydith 30mm f/3.5 II ($899 from B&H Photo) is a compact wide-angle prime for Sony E-mount cameras based on a classic optical design. The revised design includes five elements in five groups for a high degree of sharpness along with a distinct artistic quality for a smooth rendering of out-of-focus areas to suit shallow depth of field shooting. Individual elements are made from coated Schott and O’Hara optical glasses in order to produce vibrant colors and high contrast in a variety of lighting conditions. This lens is also characterized by its manual focus operation, short 6.3″ minimum focusing distance, and a 12-blade diaphragm that produces circular out of focus highlights.
• Version II of this lens sees an improved optical design to achieve greater contrast and resolution, along with a redeveloped mechanical design with smoother operation and a more streamlined form factor.
• Five elements, five groups optical design realizes a high degree of sharpness and vivid rendition of colors. This optical design also contributes to a pleasing, distinctive bokeh quality for selective focus.
• Coated Schott and O’Hara glass provide high clarity, contrast and reduced lens flare and ghosting.
• Manual focus design affords an impressive minimum focusing distance of just 6.3″ for close-ups.
• Twelve AR-coated diaphragm blades help produce an artistic and distinctly circular bokeh quality.
Order Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Lydith 30mm f/3.5 II from B&H Photo