Please don’t update to Mac OS Catalina (10.15) until you’re ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE all your existing software is compatible! 32 bit apps, such as Office 2011, will no longer be compatible beginning with Mac OS 10.15 Catalina.
Sony users should be particularly wary of updating since Sony firmware updates released prior to Mac OS version updates are generally no longer compatible with the next Mac OS. Sony users please be certain the firmware on every Sony camera you own is updated BEFORE even considering Mac Catalina update.
Unsupported Software Includes:
• Imaging Edge Remote tethering is currently NOT supported by Mac OS Catalina
• Capture One tethering is currently NOT supported by Mac OS Catalina
• Sony firmware updates released prior to Catalina are NOT supported by Mac OS Catalina
• Photo Mechanic 5 is NOT supported by Mac OS Catalina – but Photo Mechanic 6 is
• Office 2011 (and earlier) will permanently lose support. Mac OS Catalina requires Office 365 subscription
[UPDATE (10/31/19): Capture One Pro 12.1.4 adds Catalina support]
[UPDATE (11/27/19): Imaging Edge 2.0.02 adds Catalina support]
[UPDATE (12/12/19): Mac OS 10.15.2 Catalina is NOT compatible with Capture One Pro tethering]
[UPDATE (1/6/20): Capture One Pro 20.0.1 Adds Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2 Tethering Fix]