Published: December 5, 2023
Sony has released lens firmware updates which add 120 FPS frame rate compatibility with Alpha 9 III cameras. Firmware updates are available for Sony FE 20-70 F4 G, FE 24-70 F2.8 GM II, Sony FE 70-200 F2.8 GM OSS II, Sony FE 70-200 F4 Macro G OSS II, Sony FE 100-400 GM & Sony FE 200-600 G.
Please note, all lens firmware updates are applied via a MAC or WIN computer – not via SD card.
• This lens must be attached to an E-mount body camera to perform this update.
• Some camera models cannot be used for this update. (model list).
• To update using a PXW-FS7M2, UMC-S3C, UMC-S3CA, or ILME-FR7 camera, follow the link to update instructions for those camera models.
Benefits and Improvements
• Adds support for continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking up to a maximum of 120 images/second when used with the ILCE-9M3 camera body
Previous Benefits and Improvements
All previous firmware update benefits and improvements are also included in this update.
SEL2070G Lens Firmware Update Ver. 02
SEL2470GM2 Lens Firmware Update Ver. 02
SEL70200GM2 Lens Firmware Update Ver. 04
SEL70200G2 Lens Firmware Update Ver. 02
SEL100400GM Lens Firmware Update Ver. 04
SEL200600G Lens Firmware Update Ver. 03
MAC Users Please Read:
• To install this update, you need to download the Sony Camera Driver from the Sony Camera Driver download page
• Click the Download button.
• After reading the disclaimer, click Download.
• Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
For Mac computers with Apple silicon:
On Mac computers with an Apple silicon processor, please change the security policy. The About This Mac screen will show an item labeled Chip, followed by the name of the chip. Refer to the How to change the security policy on Mac computers with Apple silicon article. For Mac computers with an Intel processor, this step is not necessary.
Thank you for supporting this website through purchases from our affiliate partners! We always strive to bring you the best deals and lowest prices.