Sony released Firmware Update 2.0 for Sony A77II which provides the following benefits:
Sony A77II Firmware Update 2.0
TIPS BEFORE YOU START:
* DISABLE ANY POP-UPS
1. Menu > Settings 4 > USB Connection > Mass Storage
2. Make certain your camera Firmware needs the Update
3. Follow Screen prompts. When [OK] appears on camera press center button of the joystick
4. When you press Run the update will begin.
DO NOT PULL THE USB CABLE. DON’T CHECK YOUR EMAIL ON YOUR COMPUTER. DON’T EVEN TOUCH THE COMPUTER UNTIL THE UPDATE FINISHES.
5. When update finishes the camera will restart.
Verify the Firmware is Updated:
Menu > Settings 6 > Version > Verify the camera has updated to Ver. 2.00
and you’re done…
2 thoughts on “Firmware Update 2.0 for Sony A77II Step-by-Step”
Is there any way to back up of the original firmware before making this firmware 2.0 change, and if necessary restore the original firmware.
No there is not.