Profoto announces the A10 AirTTL-S Hotshoe Flash ($1,095) with Profoto’s latest Bluetooth enabled technology AirX built in, you can unleash the full power of the A10 when shooting with your smartphone. Profoto A10’s battery offers 450 full-power flashes, fast full-power recycling time of one second, and 20 wireless channels. You can sync A10 with your iPhone camera. The camera app syncs your iPhone with the A10 over Bluetooth connection – no additional hardware attachments needed. The App enables you to precisely control the A10’s flash tube power, its LED modelling light, and also control all other standard camera settings: shutter speed, ISO sensitivity and white balance in 1/3 EV steps.
• Compatible with all magnetic Profoto Clic Light Shaping Tools.
• Compatible with all Profoto Air, AirTTL and Connect triggers.
• Smart Connectivity with Profoto app for iOS.
• Built-in AirX Bluetooth sync technology for future proof compatibility with mobile cameras.
• Clean and easy user interface with large high-res display.
• Extremely fast flash recycling.
• Exchangeable and rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with high capacity.
• Flash head with 90° tilt and 360° rotation.
• Laser AF-assist and LED modeling light.
• Auto or manual zoom for flash and modeling light.
• Optional versions for Canon, Nikon, Sony and Fujifilm cameras.
Profoto A10 AirTTL-S Off-Camera Kit ($1,195) pairs the A1X AirTTL-S and the Connect Wireless Transmitter with a 300 to 1000′ range, with both the flash and transmitter compatible with Sony camera systems. The enhanced A10 has the same basic features as the A1X with the addition of groundbreaking technology and a user-friendly app that enables it to sync with your iPhone, allowing it to use professional lighting with wireless control of all of the A1X’s functions. In fact, you can can download A10 AirX firmware updates from your phone.