Sigma Firmware Updates for Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports & Contemporary Lenses in Canon EF & Sigma SA mount to improve AF accuracy and reduces the operating sound of the diaphragm blades when used with MC-11 Mount Converter on Sony E-mount cameras.
Readers who’ve run this firmware update report faster AF-C with Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM lenses on Sony mirrorless cameras following with this firmware update. Firmware can be updated using Sigma Optimization Pro using the Sigma USB Dock (for EF & SA-mounts).
Benefits of this Firmware Update:
• Improved the AF accuracy when the lens is attached with the Sigma Mount Converter MC-11.
[It is necessary to update Sigma Mount Converter MC-11 the latest firmware Ver 1.02]
• Reduced the operating sound of the lens diaphragm blades when attached with the Sigma Mount Converter MC-11 EF-E and used for shooting movies (Canon mount only).
• Improved the AF accuracy when the lens is used for shooting movies as well as Live View on EOS DSLR cameras (Canon mount only).
• It has reduced the operating sound of the lens diaphragm blades when used for shooting movies on EOS DSLR cameras (Canon mount only).
• It is fully functional with the Canon Digital Cinema Camera EOS C300 Mark II.
[Please Note: The degree of improvement differs depending on the camera used.]