Voigtlander has announced the APO-LANTHAR 35mm F2 Aspherical Fullframe E-Mount lens designed to virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations. Like the APO-LANTHAR 50mm F2, it combines the performance of the best quasi-wide-angle lens in Voigtlander history with the compactness and ease of handling.
● Compatible with Sony E-mount. Equipped with electronic contacts, the Exif information of shooting data reflects the usage status of the lens. In addition, since it has a built-in distance encoder, it supports 5-axis camera shake correction on the camera body side. It is also possible to enlarge the viewfinder by operating the focus ring.
● Optimized optical design A full-size image circle is secured and an optical design optimized for the Sony E-mount sensor is adopted. High resolution is maintained up to the periphery of the screen, and phenomena such as color cast are suppressed.
● Apochromat design In order to support the current digital sensor with high pixel count, axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration of magnification are thoroughly suppressed.
● 12-blade diaphragm blades that allow you to enjoy the expression of bokeh The special shape that makes a circle not only in F2 but also in F2.8, F5.6, and F16 is adopted. It is possible to draw using “ball blur” such as a point light source.
● Manual focus that enables reliable focusing. By adopting an all-metal helicoid unit that has been processed and adjusted with high precision and high-quality grease that produces appropriate torque, focusing with a smooth operation feeling is realized. Allows for delicate focus adjustment.
● Aperture click switching mechanism Equipped with an aperture click switching mechanism that can open and close the aperture ring steplessly without generating a click sound. There is no need to worry about picking up the aperture ring operation sound when recording a video.
* APO-LANTHAR is the title given to high-performance products among Voigtlander lenses. APO-LANTHAR, a legendary lens that has fascinated photographers with its outstanding imaging performance and beautiful depiction designed by Apochromat, was born in 1951. Its origin dates back about 120 years.
Focal Length: 35mm
Minimum aperture: F16
Lens configuration: 11 elements in 9 groups
Angele of View: 62.2°
Number of diaphragm blades: 12 (Circular aperture at F2.8, F5.6, F16)
Minimum focus distance: 0.35m
Maximum shooting magnification: 1 : 6.46
Diameter x length: 62.6 ×6 7.3mm
Filter size: 49mm
Lens hood: Attached
Electronic contacts: Yes
Focus enlargement function: Correspondence
Suggested retail price (excluding tax): ￥ 120,000
Scheduled to be released in April 2021
via: Voightlander Japan