Viltrox AF 23mm f/1.4 E Lens for Sony E ($299 from B&H Photo) is a 35mm-equivalent wide-angle prime lens designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The flexible wide-angle focal length pairs with the bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions and also enables enhanced control over depth of field for isolating subject matter using selective focus techniques. The optical design incorporates a pair of extra-low dispersion elements and a pair of high refractive index elements, which combine to suppress a variety of aberrations and produce high sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. An HD Nano multi-layer coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for greater contrast in bright and backlit conditions.
In terms of handling, the compact lens incorporates an STM stepping motor, which produces fast, near-silent, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design also contributes to quick performance. Additionally, the lens features an integrated micro-USB port for making future firmware updates to the lens.
• 11 elements in 10 group optical construction, including 2 ED lens and 2 high refraction index lens.
• HD Nano multilayer coating, with water-resistant and antifouling coating on front element.
• Electronic aperture & internal focus maintains the overall lens length during use
• Noiseless STM focus motor for quick, quiet and precise autofocus performance
• Transmits EXIF Data and Integrated micro-USB port can be used to update the lens’s firmware
• Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality
• Size: 2.56 x 2.83″ / 65 x 72 mm
• Weight: 9.17 oz / 260g
Order Viltrox AF 23mm f/1.4 E Lens for Sony E from B&H Photo