Published: January 17, 2024
Sony Electronics announces upcoming updates for the FX6, FX3 and FX30 cinema cameras at the BSC Expo 2024 in London, exhibiting its extensive range of filmmaking technology. The new firmware updates showcase Sony’s commitment to its cinema line.
FX6 firmware update ver.5.0 is expected from May 2024 or later and will include:
• Addition of 1.5x de-squeeze function for anamorphic lenses
• Integrated high-quality 3D LUT processes inspired by the VENICE cinema camera, which allows for more accurate color processing
• Monitor & Control App v2.0 features (ex. Waveform, False color)
• Breathing Compensation Expansion: More lenses will be supported including 100-400 GM and the 200-600 G lenses
Firmware updates for FX3 and FX30 is expected from September 2024 or later and will include:
• Addition of Shutter Angle: Users will be able to choose from both Shutter Speed/Shutter Angle similar to what is available with the FX6
• Ability to add clip flags to mark shots
• SRT/RTMP/RTMPS support for live streaming via the Creator’s App
The firmware updates will be available free of charge starting in May 2024 for the FX6 ver.5.0 and the FX30/FX3 updates will be available starting in about September 2024.
Order Sony FX6 Full-Frame Cinema Camera from B&H Photo | Adorama | Sony
Order Sony FX3 Cinema Camera from B&H Photo | Adorama | Sony
Order Sony FX30 Cinema Line Camera from B&H Photo | Amazon | Adorama | Sony
Thank you for supporting this website through purchases from our affiliate partners! We always strive to bring you the best deals and lowest prices.