Nissin i400 TTL Flash for Sony cameras (pre-order for $149.99) is a simple but powerful compact flash designed for use by both pros and enthusiasts. It features ADI / P-TTL functionality and a guide number of 131′ at ISO 100 and in the 105mm position for providing coverage within a zoom range of 24 to 105mm, or down to 16mm with the built-in wide-angle diffuser. The shoe-mounted flash head tilts upwards 90° and rotates 180° in both directions for complete 360° coverage.
The i400 features full manual control as well as a range of preset modes to achieve just the right lighting setup. Choose from slow-speed, high-speed, and 1st and 2nd curtain synchronization in addition to variable power from 1/1 to 1/256. The flash runs on 4 AA batteries. This unit is compatible with Sony’s Multi Interface Shoe.
• Simple, no-frills, compact flash designed for both pros and enthusiasts
• Two selector dials on the back of the flash for changing modes and adjusting power settings
• Guide number at ISO 100 of 131′ at 105mm and 89′ at 35mm position
• Recycle time of 0.1 to 4 seconds
• Approximately 220 to 1700 flashes on a single set of fully-charged batteries
• Color temperature of 5600K
• Exposure compensation from -2 to +2 EV in 1/2 step increments
• Flash duration of 1/800 to 1/20,000 second
• Red-eye reduction modes
5 thoughts on “Nissin Introduces Compact i400 TTL Flash for Sony”
Does this flash work with the Sony a9 camera?
It’s compatible with all Sony cameras with a Multiple Interface Shoe…including a9…
I have tried this flash on the a9 and it does not work. I have tried it on the a7II and it does work – can you see any reason it would not work on the a9?
Set the camera to “Mechanical Shutter”
Brian, thank you so much for your help – I really appreciate it