Metabones Firmware Update v0.60 improves AF reliability, reduces hunting, fixes EXIF data for certain lenses along with adding support for “AF Stop” button on some Canon super-telephoto IS lenses as a customizable button with Metabones IV and V Smart Adapters and Speed Booster Ultra. WHEW!!!
[Please Note: there’s often a brief break-in period following adapter firmware updates where the adapter must re-learn the settings for each lens and store those settings into memory.]
- • Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T Smart Adapter V
• Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T CINE Smart Adapter V
• Metabones Smart Adapter IV
• Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Mount T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (Fifth Generation)
• Metabones Canon EF to Sony E-Mount T Speed Booster ULTRA II 0.71x (Fifth Generation)
• Metabones EF-E Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x
Name: Firmware update V0.60 for EF-E Smart Adapter MARK IV/V and EF-E Speed Booster ULTRA
Release date: 22 Mar 2019
Benefits and Improvements:
AF reliability improvement and hunting reduction.
Support for “AF Stop” button on some Canon super-telephoto IS lenses as a customizable button which can be assigned to any of the more than 50 functions available using the ‘Focus Hold Button’ menu item on A6300, A6500, any A7 series camera and A9.
For CINE Smart Adapter (MB_EF-E-BT6) only, enhanced support for the EF-S 18-135/3.5-5.6 IS ‘Nano’ USM + PZ-E1 Power Zoom Adapter combination with power zoom control using PlayMemories Smart Remote Control App or the zoom rocker switch on some Sony cameras. WARNING: EF-S 18-135/3.5-5.6 IS ‘Nano’ USM is incompatible with any Speed Booster, even after modification by removing the rear plastic shroud, because the rear element of the lens interferes with the front element of Speed Booster at 18mm (before boost). If PZ-E1 zooms the lens to 18mm by force, serious damage to the lens and/or the Speed Booster may occur. Restrict use of the EF-S 18-135/3.5-5.6 IS lens to the Smart Adapter without optics.
Added EXIF lens names for Sigma 17-50/2.8 EX DC OS HSM, Tokina AT-X 11-20/2.8, Zeiss Otus 55/1.4 and 85/1.4. (The EXIF lens name feature is not available for Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and the original Speed Booster, and is not supported by older Sony cameras.)
Fixed EXIF Lens Info field for Canon EF 70-200/4L IS II USM and Canon EF Extenders.
Fixed EXIF lens name when Canon EF Extender and Kenko Pro300 teleconverters are stacked and used with certain lenses.
To promote adoption of the latest firmware we offer assurance that the upgrade is reversible by including all previous versions released since 2017 (in the same download). Within Metabones App you may select which version to downgrade to.
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with the following hardware: USB 2.0 port
- • When performing the firmware update, please don’t disconnect the USB cable, otherwise, the adapter may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown
• Don’t connect the adapter to any cameara and lens when performaing the firmware update.
How to download the firmware updater:
- 1. Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
2. At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click on the Download button.
3. The download of the [MetabonesApp.dmg] file will start.
4. Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
RUN THE SOFTWARE
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you’re ready to upgrade the Firmware update of your Metabones Smart Adapter
STEP 1: START UP THE Metabones App
- 1. Close all currently running programs on your computer.
2. Double-click the [MetabonesApp.dmg] file you downloaded to start up the Metabones App.
3. Connect your the Smart Adapter to the computer by using the USB-MicroUSB cable.
4. Then, follow the instructions in the Metabones App to update the firmware.
Order Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T Smart Adapter V
Order Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T CINE Smart Adapter V
Order Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Mount T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (Fifth Generation)
Order Metabones Canon EF to Sony E-Mount T Speed Booster ULTRA II 0.71x (Fifth Generation)