Venus Optics has announced a pair of new manual focus E-mount lenses, the 9mm f/2.8 APS-C ultra wide-angle prime and the full-frame 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5x Ultra Macro.
Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D APS-C ultra wide-angle prime lens (Pre-Order for $499) is designed for landscape, architectural, interior and night sky photography. With 15 elements in 10 groups, it features three special low dispersion (ED) lenses and a pair of aspherical lenses. Manufacturer claims distortion has been reduced to “zero” but there might still be a very small amount of distortion.
The lens is constructed using a metal enclosure and offer “excellent robustness and luxury.” The lens weighs around 7.5 ounces (215 grams), although the weight varies slightly depending on the lens mount. The lens has a close focus distance of 4.7 inches (12 centimeters).
Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D APS-C ultra wide lens will begin shipping in April 2018. (Pre-Order for $499)
• Focal length: 9 mm
• Maximum aperture: F2.8
• Viewing angle: 113 degrees (corresponding format: APS-C)
• Lens construction: 10 groups of 15
• Number of diaphragm blades: 7
• Minimum shooting distance: 12 cm
• Maximum magnification: 0.13 times
• Filter diameter: Ï† 49 mm
• Weight: ~ 215 g (Variable depending on mount)
• Lens mount: Sony E, Fuji X, Canon M
Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5x Ultra Macro lens (Pre-Order for $399) will be available in fullframe E-mount offering ultra close focus for shooting at magnifications up to 5X. Working distance is a mere 1.6 inches at 5X magnification. The ultra macro optic utilizes eight elements in six groups and features an ultra low dispersion (UD) lens and multi-coating to maintain high image quality at very close focus distances.
This fullframe lens will be available in Sony E-mount, along with Canon EF, Nikon F and Pentax K. Depending on mount, the lens weighing in at as little as 14 ounces (400 grams).
Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5x Ultra Macro lens will begin shipping and late March 2018. (Pre-Order for $399)
• Focal length: 25 mm
• Maximum aperture: F2.8
• Minimum aperture: F16
• Field of View: 10.3 degrees
• Lens construction: 6 groups 8 pieces
• Minimum photographing distance: 173 mm to 223.5 mm
• Working Distance: 40 mm – 45 mm
• Shooting magnification: 2.5 times to 5 times
• Number of aperture blades: 8
• Weight: ~ 400 g (Variable depending on mount)
• Lens mount: Canon EF, Nikon F, Pentax K, Sony FE
via Nikon Rumors / Fuji Rumors
1 thought on “Laowa Announces 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D and 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5x Ultra Macro E-mount Lenses”
Pingback: Ultimate Fullframe E-mount FE Lens Guide for Sony a7 & a9 Cameras