Sony World Photography Awards Competition is celebrating its 10th Anniversary showcasing the best photography in the world from the past year. The competition is free to enter and open to all photographers.
Each year a total prize fund of $30,000 (USD) plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment is shared between winning photographers. Photographers are taken on a year-long journey, bringing untold exposure and providing a global stage on which to present their work.
In 2016 the total number of entries received since the first edition in 2007 surpassed 1 million images, reinforcing its position as one of the most respected and influential photography competitions.
Sony World Photography Awards are an authoritative voice in the photographic industry, with the power to shape the careers of its winning, shortlisted and commended photographers.
The Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition, featuring a selection of winning, shortlisted and commended images, is curated at the prestigious Somerset House, London each Spring.
The Sony World Photography Awards has Four Competitions
- • Professional – 10 categories, judged on a body of work
• Open – 10 categories*, rewarding the best single images
• Youth – for photographers age 12-19, a single image responding to one brief
• Student Focus – for those studying photography
* Open Competition includes National Awards – Entries submitted to the Open competition are automatically entered into the National Awards based on nationality (please check if your individual country is participating).
- Professional: January 10, 2017 – 11:59pm GMT
Youth & Open: January 5, 2017 – 11:59pm GMT
Student Focus: December 5, 2016 – 11:59pm GMT