Sony released Firmware Update 2.0 for Sony A77II which provides the following benefits:
• Improves autofocus speed
• Adds support for recording 60p/30p/24p movies in the XAVC S format that supports high bit rates
• When recording a movie in the XAVC S format, you must use a Class 10 or faster SDXC card.
• Refer to the Help Guide for details of XAVC S movie recording features
• If you format the memory card, all of the data will be erased. Please make sure that the data on the card is backed up before formatting the card.
TIPS BEFORE YOU START:
• BEFORE YOU START: REMOVE THE SD CARD. SHUT DOWN ALL APPLICATIONS ON YOUR COMPUTER! EVERYTHING! ESPECIALLY EMAIL!!!
• MAKE CERTAIN THE CAMERA BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED
• PLUG THE CAMERA DIRECTLY INTO COMPUTER’S USB PORT – NOT A HUB
• UNPLUG ALL OTHER EXTERNAL USB DEVICES & DRIVES
• TURN OFF ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE WHILE RUNNING UPDATE
* DISABLE ANY POP-UPS
1. Menu > Settings 4 > USB Connection > Mass Storage
2. Make certain your camera Firmware needs the Update
3. Follow Screen prompts. When [OK] appears on camera press center button of the joystick
4. When you press Run the update will begin.
DO NOT PULL THE USB CABLE. DON’T CHECK YOUR EMAIL ON YOUR COMPUTER. DON’T EVEN TOUCH THE COMPUTER UNTIL THE UPDATE FINISHES.
5. When update finishes the camera will restart.
Verify the Firmware is Updated:
Menu > Settings 6 > Version > Verify the camera has updated to Ver. 2.00
and you’re done…