American Society of Media Photographers Presents Brian Smith
‘The Future of Editorial Photography’ and ‘Turning Personal Photography Projects into Profit’
When: Thursday, January 19, 2012
Time: 7:00pm until 10:00pm
Where: Hotel 43, 981 Grove Street, Longitude Room, Boise, Idaho
Cost: $15 General Admission, $10 AIGA, $5 Student, $0 ASMP
Pulitzer Prize-winning celebrity photographer Brian Smith will tell the story of his innovative personal book project, Art & Soul. Combining photographs of celebrities with their thoughts about art, Art & Soul demonstrates how photographers can creatively explore new business models to stay profitable in a changing market.
Brian, the president of Editorial Photography and an American Society of Media Photographers member, will also report on the latest developments in magazine photography, explaining how to maximize creative and commercial rewards while avoiding bad contracts and stagnant rates.
• What you need to know about editorial that nobody told you
• How the shift to online content is affecting rates
• How to get and keep the attention of photo editors and art directors at top magazines
• How production value can make your work stand out
• How to charge properly for digital processing
• How to maximize re-licensing, syndication and reprint revenue
• Best strategies for a slow economy
Bring cash for sponsorship raffle items!
Sponsors: Scottevest & Bryant Ideas of Idaho