Benefits and Improvements
• Adds real-time Eye AF for animals
-Detecting human and animal eyes simultaneously is not supported
-Depending on the environment, animal type, and the movement of the animal, eye detection may not be possible
-Refer to the Help Guide for additional information on updated functions
• Adds support for the RMT-P1BT wireless remote commander (sold separately)
• Improves the overall stability of the camera
ILCE-6400 System Software (Firmware) Update Ver. 2.00 )
306.8 MB (306,772,955 bytes)
MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE:
All the latest Sony Firmware Updates are only compatible with Mac OS 10.12-10.14
You must first run UpdateSettingTool and follow the prompts to run it.
[UpdateSettingTool replaces Mac OS 10.13 Driver Loader from earlier firmware versions.]
1. Make sure the camera’s USB Connection is set to Mass Storage
2. WITHOUT CONNECTING THE CAMERA, Click on UpdateSettingTool.
3. Once you see this message, connect the camera.
4. When the above message goes away, click on the Resources Folder, click on “SystemSoftwareUpdater” and follow prompts to begin the firmware update.
Before Updating Firmware Please Read:
Sony a6400 is In Stock Now! ($898 at B&H Photo)
Sony’s first camera to hit the market with Real-Time Eye AF & Real-Time Tracking features autofocus acquisition of 0.02 seconds, built-in Interval Shooting mode, high-speed shooting up to 11 fps and silent shooting up to 8 fps, both with AF/AE tracking, an upgraded BIONZ X image processing engine, an LCD touchscreen that tilts 180° up and 74° down, UHD 4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning, internal recording for time-lapse videos, and more…
Sony a6400 is well-suited for both photo and video creators, ranging from professionals to vloggers. Revolving around a 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, clean image quality is provided with a wide expandable sensitivity range of ISO 100 to 102,400, along with accelerated readout speeds for internal 4K24 and Full HD 1080p120 video recording with full pixel readout.