Metabones Firmware Update v57 adds Sony a9 AF-C tracking at up to 10fps with Metabones IV and V Smart Adapters and Speed Booster Ultra! Please bear in mind there’s a brief break-in period following adapter firmware updates where the adapter must re-learn the settings for each lens and store those settings into memory.
- â€¢Â Metabones Smart Adapter IV
â€¢ Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T Smart Adapter V
â€¢ Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T CINE Smart Adapter V
â€¢ Metabones EF-E Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x
â€¢ Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Mount T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (Fifth Generation)
â€¢ Metabones Canon EF to Sony E-Mount T Speed Booster ULTRA II 0.71x (Fifth Generation)
Name: Firmware update V0.57 for EF-E Smart Adapter MARK IV/V and EF-E Speed Booster ULTRA
Release date: 26 Jun 2017
Benefits and improvements:
Added autofocus support during high speed and medium speed continuous drive (up to 10fps) on Sony A9 (“Green” mode only). Experiment with the “Priority Set in AF-C” setting for the best compromise between hit rate and frame rate for your shooting style. Overall performance depends on lens used. The camera does not use hunting while tracking is in operation. If subject movement exceeds the measurement range of the OSPDAF sensor, autofocus pauses. This is by design. The measurement range of the OSPDAF sensor decreases as the focal length increases. Except for the original Mark I Smart Adapter this feature is available for all subsequent Speed Boosters and Smart Adapters.
Enlarged PDAF area on supported cameras when adapter is in Advanced mode, with the advisory that AF performance may be unsatisfactory outside of the central portion of the frame.
Enabled AF illuminator (Advanced mode only).
There is an AF accuracy issue when using AF-S or DMF on Sony A9 and telephoto lenses with Metabones in “Advanced” mode, which affects this and all previous firmware versions. Green mode, which is set by default on Sony A9, is not affected (except for the original Smart Adapter Mark I, which does not support “Green” mode). A9 users are advised to not use “Advanced” mode but stick with the default “Green” mode. In addition, some telephoto lenses rarely exhibit this issue, such as EF 200/2.8L II USM, EF 400/5.6L USM and Tamron 150-600/5-6.3 VC USD A011. Investigation of this issue is still in progress.
- â€¢ Fixed AF issue with EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM and EF-S 18-135/3.5-5.6 IS Nano USM lenses.
â€¢ Fixed smooth iris support for 40/2.8 STM, 50/1.8 STM and Sigma 50-100/1.8 DC HSM Art 016.
â€¢ Fixed CN-E 18-80 T4.4 L IS KAS S servo zoom used by the camera’s zoom rocker and the lens’ rocker in alternation.
â€¢ Fixed CN-E 18-80 T4.4 L IS KAS S auto iris when adapter is in Green mode, where extremely bright conditions no longer causes the iris to close completely.
â€¢ Fixed aperture display with Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM lens and Kenko Pro 300 teleconvertter.
â€¢ Corrected W-T zoom scale display in “Advanced” mode for Speed Booster and Kenko Pro 300 teleconverter (except Mark I/II/III and original Speed Booster).
â€¢ Faster aperture diaphragm for still photography in Advanced mode when Live Vide mode is set to Setting Effect OFF.
â€¢ LED (if available) now shows solid magenta when adapter is connected to USB waiting for Metabones App to run.
Operating Systems; The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with Apple Mac OS X version 10.9 Mavericks or later
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with the following hardware: USB 2.0 port
- â€¢ When performing the firmware update, please don’t disconnect the USB cable, otherwise, the adapter may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown
â€¢ Don’t connect the adapter to any cameara and lens when performaing the firmware update.
How to download the firmware updater:
- 1. Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
2. At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click on the Download button.
3. The download of the [MetabonesApp.dmg] file will start.
4. Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
RUN THE SOFTWARE
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you’re ready to upgrade the Firmware update for the Smart AdapterTM MARK IV.
STEP 1: START UP THE Metabones App
- 1. Close all currently running programs on your computer.
2. Double-click the [MetabonesApp.dmg] file you downloaded to start up the Metabones App.
3. Connect your the Smart AdapterTM MARK IV to the computer by using the USB-MicroUSB cable.
4. Then, follow the instructions in the Metabones App to update the firmware.