Oh, Sony, we can’t keep up! At your current rate of product announcements, you’ll have released at least one new RX100-series compact, a GM lens or two and an a7 IV by the time we’ve finished writing this sentence. That’s fine, but in 2019 we’d like to see you taking a bit of a break, making some time to reflect, and maybe reprioritizing a little.
Sony – in 2019 we wish you would…
- • Create a Cyber-shot RX1R III (with a real battery, not that joke-shop one from last time).
• Throw your a6000-series customers a bone and make some new APS-C lenses.
• Make your video and stills AF experience consistent.
• Speaking of 35mm, make an FE 35mm F1.8. Your non-pro and pro customers will thank you.
• Focus on user experience, as well as technology. We get it, you’re smart!
Do you agree or have a list of you own? Let me know in the comments…