Sony RX10 IV (DSC-RX10M4) Firmware Update 2.00 adds Animal Eye AF and Real-Time Eye AF with half-press of the shutter button
Benefits and Improvements
• Adds real-time Eye AF for animals
• Enables the possibility to operate the real-time EYE AF by half-pressing the shutter button
• Improves the overall stability of the camera
• It is not possible to detect simultaneously human and animal eyes.
• Eye detection may not be possible depending on the environment, animal type or the movement of the animal.
• Refer to the Support site for additional details.
Please refer to the Help Guide for updated function usage.
282.4 MB (282,373,673 bytes)
MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE:
All the latest Sony Firmware Updates are only compatible with Mac OS 10.12-10.14
You must first run UpdateSettingTool and follow the prompts to run it.
[UpdateSettingTool replaces Mac OS 10.13 Driver Loader from earlier firmware versions.]
1. Make sure the camera’s USB Connection is set to Mass Storage
2. WITHOUT CONNECTING THE CAMERA, Click on UpdateSettingTool.
3. Once you see this message, connect the camera.
4. When the above message goes away, click on the Resources Folder, click on “SystemSoftwareUpdater” and follow prompts to begin the firmware update.
Before Updating Firmware Please Read:
Order Sony RX10 IV from Amazon | B&H Photo
4 thoughts on “Sony RX10 IV Firmware Update 2.00 adds Animal Eye AF & Real-Time Eye AF”
When will the Sony RX10 Mark V be released ? Please
It’s unlikely that such a camera would be released before such a camera was announced…
Hi Brian… any News about the Sony RX10 Mark V coming ? Please
Sony doesn’t leak details before they announce. Those who actually know cannot say. So anyone who says what’s coming doesn’t actually know…