Sony Releases a9 Firmware Update 4.00 with Additional FTP Transfer Functions and Improved Stability.
Benefits and Improvements of Firmware Update 4.00
• Allows you to transfer still images during record and playback operations
• Adds the following new FTP transfer functions:
• Allows you to narrow the transfer target, such as protected images or non-transferred images, and transfer the applicable images together as a batch
• Allows you to transfer the image being viewed by pressing the assigned custom key
• Allows you to transfer all images automatically while recording
• Allows you to select the transfer target file formats when transferring images records in RAW+JPEG format to an FTP server
• Updates the destination folder configuration with the following options:
• Allows you to register up to nine FTP servers
• Allows you to change the destination folder configuration flexibly on the FTP server
• Allows you to save image data in the folder that you choice
• Allows you to register [media card slot number] in the folder configuration
• Allows you to make the folder configuration the same as on your camera
• Improves the overall stability of the camera
• New features have been added to the Image transfer function via FTP
• You can record and play back still images even during transfer operations
The following FTP transfer functions have been added:
• You can narrow down the transfer target, such as protected images or non-transferred images, and transfer the applicable images together as a batch
• You can transfer a played back picture by pressing an assigned custom key
• You can automatically transfer images while recording
• You can select the transfer target file formats when transferring images recorded in RAW+JPEG format to an FTP server
New functions have been added to the destination folder configuration:
Up to nine FTP servers can be registered
New options to configure the destination folder on the FTP server in a more flexible way:
* Images can be transferred to a specific folder.
* A destination folder can be assigned to each card slot.
* The folder configuration can be set to match the memory card inserted into the camera.
Improves the overall stability of the camera
* When updating to this version, the FTP transfer feature and Wired LAN settings are initialised. You will have to configure the two items again.
The names of FTP server 1, FTP server 2, and FTP server 3 will be kept, but other items will be initialised.
If you have set Wired LAN Setting to Manual, each of the manually configured settings will be initialised and the Wired LAN Setting will reset to Auto.
* When the camera is updated from Ver. 3.00 to this version, the registered settings for Fn (function) menu may not be kept.
In that event, please customise the menu to your preferred settings again.
Setting: [MENU]-[Camera Settings2]-[Function Menu Set.]
*Please refer to the HelpGuide for more information on updated functions.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
Benefits and improvements from previous firmware updates are also included in this update
ILCE-9 System Software (Firmware) Update Ver.4.00
292 MB (293,965,012 bytes)
MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE:
All the latest Sony Firmware Updates are only compatible with Mac OS 10.12-10.14
You must first run UpdateSettingTool and follow the prompts to run it.
[UpdateSettingTool replaces Mac OS 10.13 Driver Loader from earlier firmware versions.]
1. Make sure the camera’s USB Connection is set to Mass Storage
2. WITHOUT CONNECTING THE CAMERA, Click on UpdateSettingTool.
3. Once you see this message, connect the camera.
4. When the above message goes away, click on the Resources Folder, click on “SystemSoftwareUpdater” and follow prompts to begin the firmware update.