Sony has released a9 Firmware Update 6.00 which adds Animal Eye AF, Focus Frame Color Selection, Interval Shooting and support for Sony Wireless Remote Commander RMT-P1BT.
Benefits and Improvements in the latest update
• Adds real-time Eye AF for animals
• Allows the operation with wireless remote commander RMT-P1BT [sold separately]
• Focus Frame Color selection allows you to choose Red, White or Gray focus point
IMPORTANT: For customers updating the ILCE-9 from firmware Ver. 4.10 or earlier, please review the benefits and changes before performing the update.
• This function can be used simultaneously with tracking.
• Eye detection may not be possible, depending on environment, animal type or movement of the animal.
• It is not possible to simultaneously detect human and animal eyes.
• Addition of the interval shooting function
• “My Menu” can be assigned to appear first when you press the MENU button.
• Improves the overall stability of the camera
[Note:] If you use Remote Camera Tool, you need to update it to the latest version following this update.
*Please refer to the HelpGuide for updated function usage.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
[All Previous Benefits and Improvements are also included in this Update]
ILCE-9 System Software (Firmware) Update Ver. 6.00
MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE:
All the latest Sony Firmware Updates are only compatible with Mac OS 10.12-10.14
You must first run UpdateSettingTool and follow the prompts to run it.
[UpdateSettingTool replaces Mac OS 10.13 Driver Loader from earlier firmware versions.]
1. Make sure the camera’s USB Connection is set to Mass Storage
2. WITHOUT CONNECTING THE CAMERA, Click on UpdateSettingTool.
3. Once you see this message, connect the camera.
4. When the above message goes away, click on the Resources Folder, click on “SystemSoftwareUpdater” and follow prompts to begin the firmware update.