Published: March 31, 2023
Sony a7R V Firmware 2.00 which adds Creators’ App Support is available via the memory card firmware update process.
Read this section before downloading the file.
For customers who have been using the Imaging Edge Mobile app:
Updated cameras will no longer be able to connect to the Imaging Edge Mobile app. After updating the camera, install the Creators’ App.
Please make sure the Imaging Edge Mobile app is the latest version (Ver.7.7.2 or later) in order to pair the camera with the Creators’ App.
If you are using an iPhone/iPad, after updating the camera, turn off the iPhone/iPad and turn it on again (restart), then pair the camera with the Creators’ App.
If the Imaging Edge Mobile app is not the latest version, update it before trying to pair the camera with the Creators’ App. For instructions on installing and connecting the Creators’ App, please refer to Migrating from Imaging Edge Mobile app to Creators’ App.
About this download
Note on Sony account: Before downloading the software, we recommend that you create a Sony account. After creating a Sony account or signing in with your Sony account, download the software (for customers in the USA and Canada). You also have the option to download the software without an account. Note: This update is only available for memory cards. Windows and macOS versions are not provided.
Benefits and Improvements
• Adds support for the Creators’ App
Note: The new Creators’ App mobile application replaces the Imaging Edge Mobile app. The Creators’ App allows you to transfer images from the camera to your smartphone, shoot remotely, and use various other functions.
• Adds a function that improves security when connecting with the Creators’ App and Imaging Edge Desktop software for remote shooting and image transfers Note: Please update the Imaging Edge Desktop software to the latest version (Ver.3.6 or later)
• Adds a function to switch the face that is prioritized for focus with a custom key
• Improves the operational stability of the camera
• Refer to the Help Guide for details on all updated functions.
• If you use the Wireless Remote Commander/Shooting grip (GP-VPT2BT, RMT-P1BT), delete it from the Bluetooth Settings on the camera menu. Then pair the camera with the Wireless Remote Commander/Shooting grip again.
954 530 216 bytes
Thank you for supporting this website through purchases from our affiliate partners! We always strive to bring you the best deals and lowest prices.