Sony a7 IV Firmware 2.00 adds support for the new Creators’ App mobile application that replaces the Imaging Edge Mobile app.
Note: This update is only available for memory cards. Windows and macOS versions are not provided.
Benefits and Improvements
• Adds support for the Creators’ App [Note: The new Creators’ App mobile application is available to replace the Imaging Edge Mobile app. The Creators’ App allows you to transfer images from the camera to your smartphone, shoot remotely, and use various functions.]
• Adds functions that improve security when connecting for remote shooting and image transferring with Creators’ App and Imaging Edge Desktop software [Note: Please update the Imaging Edge Desktop software to the latest version (Ver.3.6 or later)]
• Improves the operational stability of the camera
• Refer to the Help Guide for details on all updated functions.
• If you are using the Wireless Remote Commander/Shooting grip (GP-VPT2BT, RMT-P1BT), delete it from the Bluetooth Settings on the camera menu. Then pair the camera with the Wireless Remote Commander/Shooting grip again.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
All previous benefits and improvements are included in this update.
896 712 088 bytes
Read this section before downloading the file:
For customers who have been using Imaging Edge Mobile app:
• Updated cameras will no longer be able to connect to Imaging Edge Mobile app. After updating the camera, install the Creators’ App.
• Please make sure Imaging Edge Mobile app is the latest version (Ver.7.7.2 or later) in order to pair the camera with the Creators’ App.
• If you are using an iPhone/iPad, after updating the camera, turn off the Phone/iPad and turn it on again. Then pair the camera with the Creators’ App.
If Imaging Edge Mobile app is not the latest version, update it before trying to pair the camera with the Creators’ App. For instructions on installing and connecting the Creators’ App, please refer to Migrating from Imaging Edge Mobile app to Creators’ App.
When updating from Ver. 1.01 or earlier, you need to update to Ver. 1.05 before proceeding with the Ver. 2.00 update. Only update to Ver. 2.00 after updating to Ver. 1.05. If you try to update to Ver. 2.00 without updating to Ver. 1.05, an error will occur and you will not be able to update.
Firmware Update 2.00 (For a7 IV cameras running Ver. 1.05)
Firmware Update 1.05 (For a7 IV cameras running Ver. 1.01 or earlier)
Order Sony a7 IV from B&H Photo | Amazon
Thank you for supporting this website through purchases from our affiliate partners! We always strive to bring you the best deals and lowest prices.
2 thoughts on “Sony a7 IV Firmware 2.00 adds Creators’ App Support”
Thanks for the update info, you have always been the Sony information main dispersion person. But the heading ” Read everything completely and thoroughly” should be at the top. I just got a IV from a friend upgrading to the V. The one thing about the IV and being 61 MP and everyone talking about cropping is the focusing is so good using medium box center and using any of these 200-600mm plus 2x teleconverter, 70-200 f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, new FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 and 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS lenses is that even getting closest to the minimum focusing point in any of the millimeter settings and best at max it is always spot on to the main subject. I just spent the start of spring on a farm in Ms. and trip down route 82 in Alabama and focused on egrets at 200yds and a little Killdeer bird then peach tree blooms with bees on them and yes even a February milky way that detail of hairs on bees, feathers on egrets and little birds were so sharp and clear cropped that I had to go up a stop or two to get the whole subject clearly because of DOF is so perfect. Like with bees even though looking kinda far away but at minimum focus distance but when cropped it was like a macro capture and with enlargement software today no one would know it was a cropped image. The A7RM4 will be great for years to come and a great find in the used market.
Pingback: Sony Creators' App is Available Now!