Want to own the ultimate tricked out version of the classic Sony NEX-7 e-mount mirrorless camera? SAVE a whopping $5,500 on one of these collector’s edition Hasselblad Lunar cameras. That’s right, for $1,495 you can live the Posh Life like David Beckham who shoots with one of these bad boys and shoot it like Beckham!
Finished with an Italian leather grip and adorned with ruby-embellished control dials, the Lunar’s artisanal quality pairs with titanium mechanical controls, a carbon fiber shell, and a physical vapor deposition coating. This melding of time-honored craftsmanship and futuristic intent recall the earliest missions to space, where the original Hasselblad 500C became the first camera to enter outer space. Employing luxurious Italian design with Swedish ingenuity, the Lunar is a proud object not just capable of producing other-worldly imagery, but also serving as a multi-generational symbol of the past, present, and future.
The Lunar is a compact mirrorless digital camera featuring a 24.3 MP APS-C-sized CMOS sensor and BIONZ image processor to enable up to 10 fps shooting, full HD video recording, and sensitivity to ISO 16000. The combination of the high-resolution sensor and advanced processing capabilities helps to ensure consistently clean imagery with minimal noise and accurate colors. The sensor’s design also benefits the 25-point phase-detection autofocus system, which quickly acquires and maintains critical focus on both stationary and moving subjects. Complementing the imaging assets are a 2.3m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD, which features a tilting design for easier shooting from high and low working angles.
Included with the camera body is the LF 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS lens, which covers wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives with its 27-82.5mm equivalent focal length range. OSS image stabilization further benefits handling and working in difficult lighting conditions by compensating for up to four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld imagery.
Inspired by the first camera to go into outer space, the Lunar gains its inspiration from the original Hasselblad 500C that was used during the Mercury and Gemini space exploration missions of the late 1950s and early 1960s. Borrowing from the then-futuristic design, the Lunar meshes vintage appeal with forward-thinking elements, such as titanium dials, a carbon fiber body, and a PVD coating that recalls the Lunar’s cosmic origins, yet places it squarely in the present epoch. Grounding these space-age facets are distinctly terrestrial elements, such as ruby-adorned control dials and the firm, textured Italian leather grip.
Complementing the remarkable Lunar itself is an equally remarkable, custom-fit lacquered wooden presentation box that contains the camera’s accessories. Supplied with metal lens and body caps, as well as a matching carbon fiber lens hood and padded leather neck strap, the included accessories further reinforce the Lunar’s position as a true objet petit a.
24.3 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and BIONZ Processor
Pairing a high-resolution 24.3 MP APS-C HD CMOS sensor and BIONZ image processor, the Lunar is able to capture high-resolution imagery at 10 fps and record full HD 1080i/p video in multiple frame rates. The sensor and processor combination also provides a sensitivity range from ISO 100-16000 and utilizes a dual noise reduction system to maintain a high degree of clarity, even when working in difficult lighting conditions.
25-Point Contrast-Detection AF
The contrast-detection autofocus system employs 25 distinct focusing areas for quickly acquiring and maintaining sharp focus on both moving and stationary subjects. A Flexible Spot focusing mode can be used to select a specific point of focus within the frame and Direct Manual Focus allows you to use AF to quickly gain general focus, and then manually refine it for more creative results. Further benefitting manual focus use, a MF assist function is available that magnifies a portion of the scene, to either 5.9x or 11.7x, for more critical focus control and a peaking function can be used as an objective means for confirming accurate focus by highlighting sharp lines of contrast.
OLED Viewfinder and Tilting LCD
Set within the handsome body design, both a high-resolution electronic viewfinder and tilting LCD monitor are available for image composition, playback, and menu navigation. The 0.5″ 2.3m-dot OLED EVF serves as an ideal means for eye-level shooting and is especially useful when working in bright conditions, while the rear 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD monitor features a tilting design to better permit working from high and low shooting angles.
LF 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
The included 18-55mm lens is a versatile, everyday lens providing a 27-82.5mm equivalent focal length range. This wide-angle to short-tele lens incorporates OSS image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake by four stops for sharper handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds.
• E-mount affords compatibility with an extensive number of lenses and lens adapters.
• Advanced 1200-zone evaluative exposure metering sensor delivers consistent and accurate results using multi-segment, center-weighted, or spot metering modes.
• Built-in pop-up flash can be used to add additional light to a scene and features a guide number of 19.7′ at ISO 100. A hot shoe is also incorporated into the body design for attaching an optional external flash.
• Sweep Panorama technology allows you to automatically capture wide, expansive panoramic images by simply panning about the scene. Images can be made in either vertical or horizontal orientation and the camera will intelligently stitch together the consecutive images into one file.
• Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) works to improve images featuring backlit subjects or scenes with high contrast where details can be lost in the shadows or highlights. This mode can be controlled automatically or fine-tuned using five settings.
• Auto HDR automatically records three sequential frames of an image and composites them into a single frame to realize greater shadow and highlight detail with an extended range of mid-tones.
• Hand-held Twilight Mode automatically composites details from six sequentially-recorded images in order to attain higher overall image sharpness when working in low-light conditions.
• Anti-Motion Blur automatically corrects for subject movement in order to deliver clean, sharp imagery in low-light conditions. This is accomplished by recording six sequential frames and compositing portions of each image to ensure overall sharpness.
• Precision Digital Zoom magnifies the center of the frame by up to 10x to effectively narrow the perspective of any lens.
• Face Registration technology can detect and register up to eight individual faces and adjust the focus, exposure, white balance, and flash settings in order to deliver optimal image settings for pictures of people.
• Advanced white balance control lets you select from nine presets, use auto white balance settings, or fine tune your imagery by selecting a specific color temperature.
• Fifteen different Picture Effect modes and thirteen Creative Styles allow you to apply aesthetic settings and emphasize certain facets of individual images for a richer, more unique quality.
• Eight Scene Selection modes are available to prioritize exposure setting based on the type of scene you are working in: Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Night Portrait, and Handheld Twilight.