Adobe Camera Raw 10.0 adds Sony RX10 IV & RX0 Support for Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC. Camera Raw 10 is now available as a final release available in the Adobe Create Cloud desktop app.
Range Mask works within the structure of the existing local adjustment tools to give you more precision with your local adjustments. One way to think of it is that Range Mask is a modifier that can be applied to a local adjustment, allowing you to create more precise selections with less hassle. Range Mask is designed to be easy to use, and the resulting mask can be further refined by nudging the sliders.
Range Mask has two different modes to address two different types of color/tone-based masks:
Color Range Mask and Luminance Range Mask.
- 1. Open an image into the Camera Raw plugin
2. Select one of the local adjustment tools (Local Adjustment Brush, Graduated Filter, Radial Filter) and make an initial mask of your intended selection area.
3. From the Range Mask option, select either Color or Luminance.
• Color: Use the Eyedropper to select the colors you’d like to include in your selection. You can select up to 5 different colors using the Shift + click method with the eyedropper. Alternatively, you can sample a range of colors, even completely different colors, by dragging out an area with the eyedropper. Once selected, you can further refine your selection using the Amount slider.
• Luminance: Use the Range and Smoothness sliders to adjust your mask and fine tune.
4. Use the local adjustment sliders to make the desired edits to your images.
Check out Julieanne Kost’s video on the new Range Mask feature in Camera Raw 10.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 10
- Canon EOS M100*
Olympus OM-D EM-10 Mark III
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Sony RX0 (DSC-RX0)**
Sony RX10 IV (DSC-RX10M4)*
* Denotes preliminary support.
** Only the Adobe Standard color profile included.
New Lens Profiles in Camera Raw 10 Include:
- Sony FE Rokinon/Samyang AF 35mm F2.8 FE
Sony FE Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS
Sony FE Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter
Sony FE Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS + 2X Teleconverter
Sony FE Tokina FÃRIN 20mm F2 FE MF
Camera Raw 10: Please use the Adobe Creative Cloud app to download and install Camera Raw 10.
Please note: If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the plugin installation notes.
Sony RX10 IV is In-Stock at B&H Photo ($1,698 – Order Here)
Sony RX0 is In-Stock at B&H Photo ($698 – Order Here)