Metabones Firmware Update v58 improves Advanced mode continuous video auto focus with Metabones IV and V Smart Adapters and Speed Booster Ultra and adds custom function to Metabones App which allows users to configure video AF speed/smoothness/noise level.
[Please Note: there’s often a brief break-in period following adapter firmware updates where the adapter must re-learn the settings for each lens and store those settings into memory.]
- • Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T Smart Adapter V
• Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T CINE Smart Adapter V
• Metabones Smart Adapter IV
• Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Mount T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (Fifth Generation)
• Metabones Canon EF to Sony E-Mount T Speed Booster ULTRA II 0.71x (Fifth Generation)
• Metabones EF-E Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x
Name: Firmware update V0.58 for EF-E Smart Adapter MARK IV/V and EF-E Speed Booster ULTRA
Release date: 12 Mar 2018
Benefits and improvements:
Continuous video AF performance improvement (works in Advanced mode only)
Addition of a custom function to Metabones App which lets the user to configure video AF speed/smoothness/noise level.
EXIF improvement Improved operation with Kenko Pro300 1.4x and 2x (blue dot) teleconverters.
Fixed a rare phenomenon where an old model camera with Mark V, Speed Booster ULTRA II, CINE Smart Adapter or CINE Speed Booster ULTRA with the IBIS switch at the OFF position may leave the LED indicator on in blue.
In Green mode, you may now attach an EF Extender first and turn on the camera before attaching a compatible EF telephoto lens. In advanced mode, you must not leave the EF Extender without lens while the EF Extender is attached.
If you have an early production CINE Smart Adapter or CINE Speed Booster, the manual lens EXIF definition custom function (preset using Metabones App) will no longer activate automatically. Press the WO/CF button on the adapter to activate.
Operating Systems; The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with Apple Mac OS X version 10.9 Mavericks or later
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with the following hardware: USB 2.0 port
- • When performing the firmware update, please don’t disconnect the USB cable, otherwise, the adapter may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown
• Don’t connect the adapter to any cameara and lens when performaing the firmware update.
How to download the firmware updater:
- 1. Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
2. At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click on the Download button.
3. The download of the [MetabonesApp.dmg] file will start.
4. Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
RUN THE SOFTWARE
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you’re ready to upgrade the Firmware update for the Smart AdapterTM MARK IV.
STEP 1: START UP THE Metabones App
- 1. Close all currently running programs on your computer.
2. Double-click the [MetabonesApp.dmg] file you downloaded to start up the Metabones App.
3. Connect your the Smart AdapterTM MARK IV to the computer by using the USB-MicroUSB cable.
4. Then, follow the instructions in the Metabones App to update the firmware.
Order Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T Smart Adapter V
Order Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T CINE Smart Adapter V
Order Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Mount T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (Fifth Generation)
Order Metabones Canon EF to Sony E-Mount T Speed Booster ULTRA II 0.71x (Fifth Generation)