Capture One Pro 9.2 builds upon the Precision, Quality and Power capabilities of earlier versions giving you a range of new time-saving shortcuts and features for ways to select and views images. Capture One Pro 9.2 is all about helping photographers work smarter, not harder!
Vancouver, Canada, June 23, 2016: Metabones releases Metabones App 2.3, a major firmware update with the following additional features.
• Eye-AF (a6300/a7 series).
• Fast contrast detect AF for all E-Mount cameras.
• DMF (direct manual focus) for E-Mount cameras, where the camera switches to MF as soon as AF completes. This is useful for checking AF accuracy when used with focus peaking.
• Smooth iris for Sony E-Mount and FZ-Mount cameras and Blackmagic, JVC and Panasonic Micro Four Thirds Mount cameras.
Metabones has already added fast EF lens autofocus to its Micro Four Thirds Mount Speed Boosters® and Smart Adapters™ last year. With this speedy advantage now extended to E-Mount, EF-Mount lenses are now capable of focusing quickly across the widest variety of mirrorless cameras with trusted Metabones precision and reliability.
The smooth iris feature slows down the movement of the electromagnetic aperture diaphragm so that video footage transitions smoothly when the aperture changes, with reduced tick noise from the lens. The latest Canon and Tamron SP lenses have special support for this feature and Metabones® makes use of it if the lens supports it.
E-Mount “native” autofocus features may not work with all lenses.
“Native” autofocus may be lesser in performance and/or accuracy compared to the original “Green” mode phase-detect autofocus for a6300, a7II and a7RII.
AF-C and video autofocus may have unsatisfactory AF performance and/or accuracy. This is a limitation inherent in DSLR lenses, which lack the low latency required for making many fine movements in rapid succession during AF-C and video focusing.
Excessive hunting may occur if a small aperture is used with AF-C, video or “Liveview Display Setting Effect” turned on.
The first few autofocus attempts may result in false positives where the camera gives focus confirmation but the subject is not in focus. This issue goes away on its own after a few trials with most lenses.
No support for in-camera correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion.
Power consumption may increase and battery life may shorten compared to the original “Green” mode autofocus.
Actuations of the electromagnetic aperture diaphragm and/or the focus motor of the lens result in noises which may be picked up by the camera’s internal microphone during video recording. Use of an appropriately placed external microphone is required for video work.
The aperture moves in 1/3 stop steps with most Panasonic cameras and 1/8 stop steps with other cameras, which may be noticeable in video recordings. Programmed exposure mode and shutter priority exposure mode should not be used for video. Lenses supporting “smooth iris” smooth out the transition but do not increase iris resolution.
The following lenses have been tested for “native” AF. Refer to Metabones’ web site for the most up-to-date list. Lenses equipped with smooth iris support are marked with asterisks. APS-C lenses are not compatible with Speed Booster.
Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L USM Fisheye*
Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II*
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 II
Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM*
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM*
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM (non-IS)
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM*
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro*
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM (I)
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM*
Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM
Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM
Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art 013
Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art 013
Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM
Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD A007
Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD F013*
Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD A009*
Incompatible lenses: (“Green” mode PDAF is still supported on A6300, A7 Mark II and A7R Mark II.)
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro
Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM
Contax N lenses modified to EF mount by Conurus Canada
Sigma 18-125mm DC OS HSM
Tamron SP 17-50mm f/2.8 Di II VC B005
Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 (IF) Macro A20
OSX and Windows versions of the firmware updater are available for download from Metabones’ web site. The same download updates Speed Booster ULTRA, Smart Adapter™ Mark IV, EF to FZ Mount Smart Adapter and all EF Mount to Micro Four Third mount products. Updates to earlier Smart Adapters™ (I, II and III) and the original Speed Booster are by factory only and are free of charge except for shipping.
• Firmware update for EF-E Smart Adapter IV and EF-E Speed Booster ULTRA (MAC)
• Firmware update for EF-E Smart Adapter IV and EF-E Speed Booster ULTRA (WIN)
• Firmware update for EF-M43 (MAC)
• Firmware update for EF-M43 (WIN)
Metabones®, together with its allied partners Caldwell Photographic and WB Design, is the pioneer and leader of two key technologies which have catalyzed the transition from mirror to mirrorless. Speed Booster® (winner of the 2013 TIPA Best Photo Accessory Award) makes lenses brighter, wider and sharper, and Smart Adapter™ breaks the lens mount compatibility barrier by electronically integrating interchangeable single-lens reflex (SLR) lenses and mirrorless cameras. Metabones® offers a comprehensive range of adapters covering most popular lens mounts, as well as some rare and exotic ones. “Always on the forefront of innovation without ever setting aside practicality as a professional tool” perhaps best epitomizes Metabones’ philosophy.
Medium Format goes mirrorless with today’s announcement of the Hasselblad X1D-50c Medium Format Mirrorless Digital Camera (Pre-Order $8,995 – Body Only) featuring a 50MP 43.8 x 32.9mm CMOS sensor.
Designed and handmade in Sweden, this camera is a precision tool with exceptional ergonomics and a compact size that even rivals smaller format systems. Taking this system above and beyond the rest is a large sensor that works hand-in-hand with the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution to create phenomenal raw images with smooth tonal gradations thanks to 16-bit color depth and 14 stops of dynamic range.
Hasselblad’s electronic system is capable of capturing clean images within a sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600, while also being able to capture photos at a rate of up to 2.3 fps. X1D embraces the Hasselblad Central Lens Shutter, enabling shutter speeds as long as 60 minutes or as short as 1/2000 second, with flash sync possible at every speed. Additionally, to make the camera more versatile, Full HD 1080p video at 25 fps using H.264 compression is possible.
Moving into operational details, the X1D embraces mirrorless design by incorporating a 2.36MP XGA electronic viewfinder that permits natural, eye-level monitoring with the added advantage of overlays and programmable information in direct sight. One such feature would be the ability to shoot in various aspects with a view that compensates for such changes, including square or the classic XPan panoramic format. Alongside this EVF is a 3.0″ 920k-dot touchscreen LCD on the rear that permits intuitive operation of all of the camera’s features and settings.
For more physical and tactile use, the X1D offers front and rear dials as well as a mode dial which can be locked into a recessed position to prevent accidental changes when it is in your bag. There are also dual SD card slots for backup, organization, or just having extra storage. Bringing the system into the modern age is built-in Wi-Fi and GPS, allowing for remote connection and file transfer as well as instant geotagging of your files. Additionally, it has Mini HDMI, audio input and output, and a super-fast USB 3.0 Type C connection.
Hasselblad X System
Introducing mirrorless medium format, Hasselblad’s X system takes the outstanding quality of a larger sensor and manages to create a compact, yet uncompromising camera that will deliver almost unparalleled image quality. It is designed and made in Sweden and draws inspiration from the company’s legendary V system. Also, making use of the mirrorless design and a central lens shutter, system noise is kept to a minimum for shooting without disturbing your subject.
50MP CMOS Sensor
Revolving around a large 50MP CMOS sensor, measuring 43.8 x 32.9mm, the X1D-50c is capable of capturing an extremely wide dynamic range of up to 14 stops along with vivid 16-bit color depth. When combined with the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution, tonal transitions and skin tones show immense depth, detail, and clarity for lifelike image quality, even in dark shadow and bright highlight regions. To suit working in a variety of lighting conditions, a sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600 is available, and still files are saved in the Hasselblad 3FR raw file format.
Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
Working with the spectacular image quality of the 50MP CMOS sensor, the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution is designed to deliver images with the most natural color without needing to delve into a variety of presets. This system is also capable of creating imagery with exceptionally smooth tonal transitions that are reminiscent of analog film capture, which is thanks in part to the X1D’s 16-bit color depth.
Hasselblad Central Lens Shutter
Able to accelerate to open and close exceptionally quickly and reliably while also using minimal power, the central lens shutter mechanism offers numerous advantages for photographers. Namely, flash sync is possible at all shutter speeds up to 1/2000 second. The shutter is also in a ready state at all times for near instant response and it causes virtually no vibration at longer exposures. Additionally, it is durable and rated to beyond 1,000,000 exposures.
Full HD Video Recording
In addition to high-resolution stills shooting, the X1D can also record Full HD 1080p video at 25 fps. Video can be saved in the H.264 compressed format for greater editing flexibility with a variety of software options. For further video recording capabilities, the X1D offers 3.5mm audio input and output jacks as well as a Mini HDMI port for monitoring.
System Design and Connectivity
• Built-in 3.0″ 920k-dot touchscreen LCD affords intuitive control over settings navigation and adjustment, and also permits bright, clear live view monitoring.
• Integrated 2.36MP XGA electronic viewfinder permits natural eye-level viewing as well as the ability to display overlays and additional information clearly and effectively during shooting. It also displays the capture area when set to shoot 39MP square format or XPan panoramic images.
• USB 3.0 Type-C connector offers transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps for quick and responsive tethered live view and stills capture.
• In addition to tethered shooting, dual SD memory card slots are incorporated into the side for flexible storage capabilities. Multiple options are available for maximum flexibility, including the ability to save all images to one card and automatically switch to the other when it is full as well as save RAW images to card 1 and JPEG to card 2.
• Mini HDMI port permits use of an optional external monitor for clear monitoring. Additionally, 3.5mm audio in and out ports are provided for more flexible control over audio recording during video.
• Built-in Wi-Fi enables working with an iOS mobile device and the Phocus Mobile app for remote camera control, wireless image previews, and file browsing.
• GPS allows shooters to automatically have geolocation embedded in the image files for tracking where you took some of your best shots.
• Optimized for use with XCD series of lenses which offer an integrated central shutter system capable of sync speeds up to 1/2000 sec.
• Optional adapter provides compatibility with the updated range of HC and HCD lenses, which feature an improved leaf shutter unit for increased shutter and flash sync speeds of up to 1/2000 sec.
• Weather and dust sealing ensures this system can stand up to all environmental conditions professionals find themselves in.
• Phocus 3.1 is a free image processing software that complements the X1D’s capabilities, and enables raw file processing for both stills and video, as well as a range of editing capabilities, including automatic moiré detection and the ability to work with adjustment layers for applying exposure, white balance, and color corrections.
Many of you have contacted me looking for one, so here’s a heads up that Sony 24-70 2.8 G Master Lenses are In Stock at B&H Photo (Order Here)
Featuring a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, this lens maintains consistent performance throughout the zoom range and benefits working in low-light conditions and with selective focus techniques. Complementing the apt light-gathering capabilities is an equally impressive optical design, which incorporates three aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion elements. One of the aspherical elements features an XA (extreme aspherical) designation, ensuring its refined surface precision and notable ability to minimize spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range. Additionally, a Nano AR Coating has been applied to individual elements to significantly minimize lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality. Pairing a sophisticated optical design and versatile speed, this standard zoom is well-suited for use in a wide array of environments and lighting conditions.
Beyond the attributes of the lens system itself, this 24-70mm is also characterized by a Direct Drive SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) system that provides fast, quiet AF performance as well as responsive manual focus handling. The lens is also dust- and moisture-sealed, to permit working in inclement weather conditions, and nuanced details, such as a focus hold button and rubberized control dials, further the intuitiveness in handling.
As part of Sony’s esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
Covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives, this standard 24-70mm zoom is designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras and is also compatible with APS-C models, where it will provide a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture maintains consistent performance from wide-angle to telephoto focal length positions and also contributes to greater selective focus control.
• Three aspherical elements incorporated in the lens design, one is an XA element with superior surface precision to effectively reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations from imagery.
• One extra-low dispersion element and one Super ED element are featured in the lens design, too, and help to control chromatic aberrations and reduce color fringing for increased clarity and color fidelity.
• Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
• Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing shallow depth of field techniques.
• Direct Drive SSM system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
• Dust-sealed and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
SAVE 65% Today on BlackRapid RS-5 Cargo Ballistic Camera Strap!
The R-Strap is worn diagonally across the torso from shoulder to hip and is adjustable to fit most photographers. The locking FastenR-3 connects the strap to the tripod socket located on either the camera body or the lens. Once connected, the camera hangs upside down, resting securely at the side or in the small of the back, with the lens pointing behind.
The RS-5 Ballistic Strap has a front pocket for carrying a smartphone, large battery, walkie-talkie, or similar sized items. There is a pocket on the top of the pad that opens up to store memory cards, ID, credit cards, etc. The pockets close and open silently thanks to padded magnets
Deal Ends Midnight Eastern June 20, 2016 (or when supplies run out)