Viltrox announces their Extendable Electronic Canon EF Lens to Sony E-mount Adapter ($199 on eBay) that allows extending the adapter an additional 4.5mm for additional close-focus. This is a similar concept to my favorite Leica M adapter the Voigtlander VM-E Close Focus M Mount to Sony E-Mount Adapter
HOWEVER…Please Note this Disclaimer from the Manufacturer:
“The Company will not be liable for any compensation associated with using non listed camera or lens. The Company will not be liable for damage of the lens. If you worry about damage of your lens by using this adapter, please do not buy”
Consider yourself warned…
Viltrox EX-NEX allows Canon EF/EF-S Lenses to be used on Sony A7 series, A6XXX and NEX cameras. This adapter not only supports AF, Lens IS, On camera aperture adjustment, but also built with extendable mechanism for macro with AF. The macro ability will be boosted instantly for flowers, insects and close up photography.
- • Support Sony A7/A7R/A7S/A6XXX/ cameras and VG camcorders*
• Support EF/EF-S lenses manufactured by Canon, Sigma, Tokina and Tamron
• Record EXIF data includes aperture, focal distance etc.
• Support on camera aperture adjustment and mettering
• Support lens IS
• Extend approx. 4.5mm max. Distance can be adjust accordingly
*VG series does not support AF
Product Limitation and Disclaimer
- • The Company does not guarantee the performance of cameras and lenses out of the compatible list. The Company will not be liable for any compensation associated with using non listed camera or lens.
• The Company will not be liable for damage of the lens. If you worry about damage of your lens by using this adapter, please do not buy.
• In video recording mode, does not support auto-focus.
• If you found any problem with use of this adapter, please contact us or the shop you bought it.
Photo taken without extending the adapter:
Photo taken with adapter extended:
3 thoughts on “Viltrox Announces Extendable Canon EF to Sony E-Mount Electronic Adapter”
I have the Leica VM-E adapter and often use it with the Voigtlander 15mm. It produces unique close up wide view images that can stand out from the crowd. I am very reluctant though to purchase an adapter on eBay and, and possibly a lens to go with it, that apparently has no concern for warranty. It is great to see more adapters, but I would be very cautious.
I ordered one of these before coming across this website and the warning. I’m curious what damage an adapter can possibly do to the lens. Has there been incidences of any adapters damaging lenses in the past?
I’d recommend sticking to the manufacturer’s list of compatible lenses and cameras.