Rokinon has announced a trio of 24mm, 50mm and 85mm Cine lenses built specifically for use as a cinema lens in Sony E, Canon EF, Nikon F, MFT and PL mounts. They feature an internal focus design so that the lens does not change size while focusing to minimize the appearance of breathing when changing focus. Each lens in the set is multi-coated for good contrast, glare prevention, and are color matched to a factory standard, allowing you to assemble a set over time with minimal color shift.
Rokinon Xeen Cine feature dual sided focus scales marked in feet, with dual sided iris scales. The 11-bladed iris provides a rounded aperture for a natural looking highlights and Bokeh. The lens is a manual focus and iris lens, and does not have auto focus or auto iris capability. It incorporates cinema-style focus and iris gears that share the same position across the lenses in the Xeen set. The common 114mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes when using a matte box and focus accessories. The focus ring rotates 200° from close focus to infinity; this gives you a high degree of precision when adjusting focus.
• Rokinon Xeen Cine lenses feature metal construction to withstand the rigors of daily production, and incorporate a support to help take strain off your camera’s lens port.
• Dual right and left side focus and T-stop scales allow your focus puller to work from either side of the lens, without having to flip the lens in the mount, or facing upside numerals.
• Each lens in the XEEN series share common focus and iris gear ring positions, which speeds up lens changes as accessories such as follow focus units or iris motors don’t have to be re-positioned.
• The common 114mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes as you don’t have to swap out anti-reflection donuts or adapters to use the same matte box.
• The non-rotating front allows you to use optional clip-on matte boxes.
• “Clickless” aperture ring for smooth iris pulls.
• A minimum focusing distance of 10″ allows you to get up close to your subject.
Rokinon Xeen 24mm T1.5 Lens (Available Now for $2,495) has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. When mounted on a camera with a full-frame sensor it provides you with a wide angle of view.
Rokinon Xeen 50mm T1.5 Lens (Available Now for $2,495) has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. When mounted on a camera with a full-frame sensor it provides what is considered a normal angle of view, being neither telephoto or wide-angle.
Rokinon Xeen 85mm T1.5 Lens (Available Now for $2,495) has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. It has the effect of bringing the background closer, and is often used for portraits and close-ups.
• Schneider Compact ND Kit for 114mm-Diameter Lenses ($740.00 Order Here)
• Ikan Tilta 4×5.65″ Carbon Fiber Matte Box with ND Filter Kit ($1,359.50 Order Here)
• Ikan ELE-FGK Follow Focus Cine-Kit ($349.00 Order Here)