Here’s a really sweet new camera cage rig for Sony a6000/a6300/a6500 mirrorless cameras packed with lots of handy features like HDMI cable-lock and quick release system to quickly un-mount the cage from the baseplate – not found on other rigs in this price range.
- • Integrated 0.6″ rail system
• Single-handed design
• Base-mounted ventilation fan reduces overheating risk
• Internal copper wiring transfers heat away from the camera quickly and effectively
• Open-window design allows for easy access to battery, buttons, and ports
Constructed from high-quality aluminum alloy and stainless steel, the Handheld Camera Cage Rig Kit from Tilta is designed specifically for the Sony a6000, a6300, and a6500 cameras. The fully enclosed unibody rig is constructed from one piece of CNC Machined aluminum. The active cooling system provides heat exchange for the camera (requires 12 VDC power source to operate).
The 0.6″ lightweight support baseplate comes with an integrated lens adapter. The quick release system quickly unmounts the cage from the baseplate. The lens support is compatible with EF to E-Mount and PL to E-Mount Metabones adapters. The function buttons, jacks, and battery compartment are accessible while mounted in the cage.
Metro Case announced a pair of lightweight grips with built-in Arca-style quick release for Sony a6000, a6300 and a6500 mirrorless cameras.
AUSTIN — March 27, 2017 — Metro Case today announced two lightweight grips with Arca-style quick release for Sony a6000, a6300 and a6500 digital cameras. The Metro Case MC6000 and MC6500 grips greatly improve handling, providing increased gripping area for a more confident and relaxed feel.
These Sony cameras feature very compact bodies, but the short camera height compromises comfort and handling, often resulting in hand cramps because it’s difficult to comfortably grip the camera especially when using larger or longer lenses. The height extension offered by the grips provide support for the pinky finger. An Arca-style quick release is built-in, yet the entire grip weighs only 43g (1.5oz), an almost imperceptible increase.
“The new Metro Case grips for the Sony a6300/a6500 are just fantastic. They feel great in the hand and add very little weight while maintaining a rigid connection to the camera. I simply can’t go back to holding the a6500 without the Metro Case.” – Sony Artisan Chad Wadsworth
- • Increased camera and grip height (16mm) for improved comfort and handling
• Arca-Swiss compatible quick-release baseplate
• Additional clearance for tripod heads
• Protection for the bottom of the camera
• Battery access while attached
• SD card access while attached
• Optical axis indicator
• Secondary tripod socket
• Designed for light weight with maximum strength
• 43 grams (1.5 oz.)
The MC6000 and MC6500 are priced at $49 and are available now from metro-case.com
Sony has released a6500 camera firmware update 1.02 providing improved operability of the PlayMemories Camera Apps keyboard and improved camera stability.
Firmware version 1.02 provides the following Improvements:
• Improves operability of the left side of the PMCA (PlayMemories Camera Apps) keyboard during touch panel operation
• Improves overall stability of the camera