I’ll be speaking about the Future of Editorial Photography to students at Brigham Young University on January 20th, 2010.
The Future of Editorial Photography
7PM Wednesday, January 20th, 2010
Location: Room 3108 JKB (Jesse Knight Building) Brigham Young University, Provo Utah
The lecture is free and is open to any professional photographers in the area.
• How to get and keep the attention of photo editors and art directors at top magazines
• How production value can make your work stand out
• How to charge properly for digital processing
• What are the best things you can do in a slow economy
• How to maximize re-licensing, syndication and reprint revenue
• How will the shift to online content will affect rates
• What you should know about editorial that nobody told you
Editorial Photography is undergoing rapid change, yet the death of magazine photography has been greatly exaggerated. Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Brian Smith, president of Editorial Photographers, will discuss how to maximize the creative and commercial rewards while avoiding bad contracts, stagnant rates and rights-gobbling appetites of multinational media corporations.