Profoto Air Remote TTL-S (order here) is compatible right out of the box with Sony a7R III (FW 1.00 or later), however Sony a7R III requires a slightly different set-up from previous Sony mirrorless cameras.
In order to use Profoto Air Remote TTL-S on Sony a7R III, you must:
- Set “Silent Shooting” Mode to Off (this is true of all Sony cameras with Silent Shooting Mode)
MENU > Camera Settings 2 > Shutter/Steadyshot > Silent Shooting > Off
Set Wireless Flash to On (this is new on a7R III)
MENU > Camera Settings 1 > Flash > Wireless Flash > On
Unlike other supported Sony cameras, ‘Wireless’ is it’s own setting independent of Flash Mode on a7R III which allows Air Remote TTL-S to support not only Fill-flash flash mode – but also Slow Sync or Rear Sync (up to 1/250 shutter speed).
When a7R III Flash mode is set in Fill-flash and Air Remote TTL-S will auto-select normal flash sync up to 1/250 and change to High Speed Sync at shutter speeds from 1/320 to 1/8000.
[Please Note: HSS only uses a portion of the flash output. For full flash output shoot at 1/250 or slower]
- • Attach to your camera’s hot shoe to wirelessly connect camera and AirTTL light into one.
• Shoot in TTL Mode for fully automatic point-and-shoot shots.
• Shoot in HSS Mode to shape light in broad daylight.
• Switch from TTL Mode to Manual Mode with the automated TTL settings intact – a huge time saver.
• Sync and manually control any Profoto light that is compatible with Air.
• Intuitive and easy to use user interface.
• Long operating range of up to 300 m (1,000 ft).
• 8 digital channels.
• Controls up to 3 groups of lights on each channel.
• USB port for firmware upgrades.
• Approved for worldwide use.
- Make sure you have the latest firmware on your Air Remote TTL-S and Profoto Flashes: