Come see Sony Cameras at Imaging USA in Atlanta from January 20-22, 2013 for talks by Sony Artisans Brian Smith, Matthew Jordan Smith and David McLain along with photographers Robert Evans and Scott Robert Lim. Stop by Sony Booth 453 to see that latest Sony digital cameras, the full-frame a99 and RX1; NEX-6 and best-in-class Cybershot RX100.
Make sure you check out these Imaging USA platform talks by Sony Artisans:
Matthew Jordan Smith: 10 Secrets to a Successful Photography Career
5:00pm – 6:15pm Monday, January 21, 2013
Omni Hotel, International Ballroom DEF, North Tower, M2, International Ballroom Level
LIVE DEMO Sponsored by Sony
Taking great pictures today is easy, but building a career takes more than just great photography. Learn how one celebrated photographer did it, as Matthew shares his tips for lighting, posing and business. From glamour photography to weddings, fashion to portraits (of celebrities and more), this class will change the way you do business and enhance your life and photography. And here’s a quick peek at the “secrets” you’ll learn:
- Posing secrets to improve your photography.
- Lighting secrets for shooting stronger images on location or in studio.
- How to relax your subjects to create iconic images.
- Secrets to building & keeping a successful photography career.
- How to create personal projects that improve your business.
Brian Smith: Secrets of Great Portrait Photography
8:00am – 9:00am Monday, January 21, 2013
Georgia World Congress Center, Room 411/412, Building A, Level Four Concourse
Sponsored by Sony
Celebrity portrait photographer Brian Smith shares the lessons he’s learned while capturing the faces of the famous and infamous over his past 30 years as a top magazine portrait photographer. He’ll give you a detailed overview, explaining his approach to editorial and commercial assignments (from concept to final image) and his approach to lighting and problem solving on productions both small and large. You’ll also learn his secrets on how to quickly capture the personalities of your subjects! Then, he’ll explain how personal projects can be used to generate editorial and commercial assignments, which allows your personal style to evolve and grow while generating assignments you love to shoot.
Sound like just what you need to make your portrait photography grow even greater? Join him in the morning, and you’ll also learn how to:
- Connect with Your Subject – His number one tip for shooting better portraits.
- Find the Place – Why location is an important storytelling element.
- Tell the Story – How to convey an idea & tell a story though conceptual portrait photography.
- Sweat the Small Stuff – Why every small detail matters in photography.
- Pose for Emotion – Make your subjects comfortable & engaged so their personalities can shine through.
- See the Light – How the quality of the light affects the mood of the photo.
David McLain: New Opportunities for Still Photographers Shooting Motion
5:15pm – 6:30pm Monday, January 21, 2013
Georgia World Congress Center, Room 302, Building A, Level Three Concourse
Sponsored by Sony
Are you always on the lookout for new opportunities? Seeking new forms of artistic expression? Then listen up as David discusses how he has successfully incorporated cinematography into his long career as a still photographer. After creating timeless images around the world for National Geographic magazine (a client with the highest visual standards) and bringing brands to life with his commercial images, David has most recently been actively adapting his eye and skillset toward shooting motion. You’ll learn how his boutique production company is now booming and you might just be inspired to give it a go, too!