As promised last week, today’s Sony a7RII Firmware Update FW 2.00 adds 14-Bit Uncompressed Raw for Sony a7RII mirrorless cameras.
ILCE-7RM2 System Software Update
This utility updates the ILCE-7RM2 system software to version 2.00, and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version 1.10:
• Adds the selectable feature for uncompressed 14-Bit RAW image capture
• Adds support to output video via HDMI during use of the Remote Camera Control software (still mode only)
Benefits from previous updates and included in version 2.00:
Sony firmware updates are cumulative so this update includes the updates from Firmware Update 1.10:
• Reduces the chance of the camera changing to front focus when shooting certain scenes. (Note: This symptom rarely occurs.)
• Decreases chroma noise when Long Exposure NR (Noise Reduction) is set to Off. (Note: The noise does not occur when Long Exposure NR is set to On.)
• Improves continuous shooting at Hi speed so that it can be used just as long when using the flash as without the flash.
Mac OS X versions 10.7 – 10.11
Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7 (with Service Pack 1), Vista (with Service Pack 2)
Supported Image Processing Software
Before using Uncompressed Raw make certain it’s supported by your software.
Here’s a list of Image Processing Software that supports Sony Uncompressed RAW.
Before Updating Please Read:
Bulletproof Guide to Sony Camera Firmware Updates