Nissin continues to round out their Air Remote Flash Trigger system. Nissin Air R Receiver for Sony Multi Interface Shoe Flash (Expected availability: Mid-May 2016) can be triggered using their previously released Nissin Air 1 Commander for Sony Multi Interface Shoe to control multiple off-camera flashes at distances up to 98′. Nissin Air R receivers add wireless slave TTL functionality with support for high-speed sync up to 1/8000 second, manual power control, and manual zoom, with the ability to select between 8 channels and organize 3 groups.
• Nissin Air 2.4 GHz Radio TTL System
• For Use with Air 1 Commander
• Compatible with Sony ADI / P-TTL
• Wireless Slave TTL Functionality
• Triggering Range: 98′
• Eight Channels & Three Groups (A, B, C)
• Flash Sync Speed up to 1/8000 Second
• Hot Shoe & PC Sync Terminal
• Foot with 1/4″-20 Thread; Flip-Out Stand
• Runs on 2 AAA Batteries
For strobes and manual flashes, Nissin Air R includes a PC sync terminal for basic connections. Mounting the receiver is simple as well with a cold foot on the bottom with a 1/4″-20 thread for stands.
Nissin Air R features the newer Sony Multi Interface Shoe and is not directly compatible with the older flashes featuring the Sony/Minolta-style Auto-lock Accessory Shoe without the use of an optional adapter.