Firmware 2.00 Improvements over version 1.20:
Startup time is shortened
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 2.00:
• Improves camera functions and provides picture improvement for the new lenses (SEL35F14Z, SEL24240, SEL28F20, SEL90M28G)
• Improves the power-on time after downloading the Smart Remote Control application of the PlayMemories Camera Apps™.
• Provides support for the SEL70200G lens: Supports the “Fast Hybrid AF” function and future Fast Hybrid AF compatible E mount lenses. Adds the “Focus hold button” function
• Reduces start-up time: The start-up time has been reduced in cases when the camera is switched on immediately after being switched off
• Improves image quality
• Provides support for additional PlayMemories Camera Apps and additional features for previously supported apps: Supports the “Liveview Grading” and “Smooth Reflection” applications. Supports the smooth automatic exposure feature in the “Time-lapse” application ver. 2.00 and later
Before Updating Please Read:
Bulletproof Guide to Sony Camera Firmware Updates
MAC 10.10 YOSEMITE USERS:
MAC 10.10 Yosemite users if you have not already done so, you will need to first install Mac OS X 10.10 Driver Loader before running any updates.